Gulabi Puvvulu Sweet is very yummy snack when i was small . I wanted to post this Recipe from long time as i don't try this recipe but i got it from my mummy. And In my search i fond that this sweet is not only Indian Traditional Cuisine.But it is Norway and Sweden Traditional Rosette Cookies and I felt very Amazing . They make these cookies with different shaped Molds. You can see in posted pics/Video .We can say it is a Indo-Western Cuisine.
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 Cup
- Rice Flour - 1 Cup
- Jaggery or Sugar - 11/2 Cup
- Oil for Deep frying
- Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
- Egg- 1
- Rosette Molds
Direction Of Gulabi Puvvulu Sweet Recipe:-
- Take a Deep Bowl and Add rice flour, maida, cardamom powder sugar or Jaggery, Egg and add slowly the water to make a smooth batter, the batter shouldn't be too loose and pouring nor the batter shouldn't be too thick. It should be consistent enough and should form like a dosa batter
- Take a heavy bottomed Kadai and pour oil for deep frying and heat it till the oil is too hot. Now put the mold in the hot oil (this needs to be done before dipping the mold into the batter).
- Remove the mold from the hot oil and dip it in the batter and remove and place it in the hot oil and leave it for less than a minute. Use a spoon/fork to gently shake the mold with it so that the shape of the mold will be left in oil and leaves the mold.
- Ensure to keep the heat in a medium flame (or) adjust accordingly to amount of heat required.
- When the gulabi puvvu turns into golden color , turn on both sides and remove from oil using a slotted ladle and remove onto a paper tissue to absorb the excess oil in it .
- Repeat the same process till the batter is completed.
- Once cool, Store them in an air tight container.