Dry fruit Bar, jaggery replaces sugar in this dry fruit Bar loaded with vitamin e, iron and zinc. Cut the Bar into interesting shapes your kids will love it.
- Sesame seeds - 1/4 Cup
- Almonds peeled - 1/4 Cup
- Pistachio - 1/4 Cup
- Dried Fig(Angeer) Chopped - 1/4 Cup
- Grated Jaggery - 1/3 Cup
- Ghee / Clarified Butter -11/2 Cup
Directions Of Dry Fruit Chikki /Bar Recipe:-
- Heat a small kadhai/Flat Pan, add the sesame seeds and dry roast on a medium flame for a few seconds. Remove and keep aside to cool.
- In the same kadhai/pan, add the almonds and pistachios and roast on a medium flame for a few seconds. Remove and keep aside to cool.
- Heat the ghee in a deep pan, add the jaggery and cook on a slow flame till the jaggery melts and caramelizes, while stirring continuously (it should form a hard ball when you add a drop in cold water). Remove from the flame.
- Add the roasted sesame seeds,Angeer, almonds and pistachio nuts and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture immediately on a greased thali or a smooth stone surface.
- Roll it into an even sheet using a greased rolling pin.
- When slightly cool, cut into equal pieces
- Wrap in an aluminium foil or Air tight container.