- Cabbage - half( Finely Chopped)
- Chana Dal - 3 tbsp
- Shahi jeera - Pinch
- Green chili finely chopped - 1
- Red chili powder - Pinch
- Besan for binding - 1/2 tsp
- oil for frying
FOR THE GRAVY
- Onion chopped - 1
- shahi jeera - 1/2 tsp
- ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- pinch of turmeric
- red chili powder - 1 tsp
- coriander powder - 1 1/2 tbsp
- cumin power - 1 tsp
- cashew powder - 2 tbsp
- yoghurt beated - 1/2 to 3/4 th cup
- dry mint powder - 1 tsp
- oil for cooking
DIRECTION OF CABBAGE KOFTA CURRY RECIPE:-
- Boil some water in a pan,then add the finely chopped cabbage.boil the chana dal till its 70% done.
- Add the chana daal to the steaming cabbage,cover and cook till the cabbage is soft and
- Cooked completely and also the daal.cooking cabbage properly is neccessary so that the koftas
- When they are well done put them on a muslin cloth and squeeze out all the water from it.reserve the water
- Don't throw.
- Now take the cabbage and chana dal,to it add pinch of shahi jeera,red chili powder,chopped green
- chili,salt,little besan and mix everything so that you can make small balls of it ready to fry.
- Heat the oil on slow flame,avoid heating oil too hot.drop them in oil and fry them on slow heat
- Till they get golden brow,remove them and set aside.
- Heat some oil in the pan,add shahi jeera and then onion,little salt and cook the onions till they are
- slightly brown.then add the turmeric and ginger garlic paste,when g-g paste is cooked add the
- reserved water to it.then add the red chilli pwdr,coriander pwdr and cumin powder and mix
- well and then add the beated yoghurt to it and bring it to nice boil till gravy is cooked.
- gravy is done when the froth coming disappears completely.when it come to boil and thickens
- little add the powdered cashewnuts which will further thicken the gravy to a nice consistency.
- then add the dried mint powder and let it cook and thicken.add the koftas and garnish with green coriander.
- Yummy Cabbage Kofta Curry.