Renuka or Yellamma or Ekvira (Marathi: श्री रेणुका/ येल्लुआई, Kannada: ಶ್ರೀ ಎಲ್ಲಮ್ಮ ರೇಣುಕಾ, Telugu: శ్రీ రేణుక/ ఎల్లమ్మ) is worshiped as the Goddess (devi) of the fallen, in the Hindu pantheon. Yellamma is a patron goddess of rural folk of Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh. Her devotees have revered her as the "Mother of the Universe" or Jagadamba. Legends say that Yellamma is the incarnation of Kali, who on one hand symbolizes the death of ego, and on the other hand is the mother who is compassionate about her children.Renuka is also worshipped in Maharashtra as Goddess Ekvira and is considered as the Kuladevata by the
Yellamma is worshipped mostly in South India, including Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Maharastra, where the deity is known by many names: Mahankali, Jogamma, Somalamma, Gundamma, Pochamma, Mysamma, Jagadambika, Holiyamma, Renukamata,Yellamma,Mariamma and Renuka Devi. - From Wikipedia.org
- Jaggery/Bellam - 11/2 Cup
- Whole Wheat Flour /Gosuma Pendhi - 11/4 Cup
- Water - 11/4 Cup
- Caradamom - 1 tsp
- Oil for Deep Fry
Direction Of Bellam Appallu / Jaggery Bread :-
- Take a bowl a grate Jaggery and add water mix will so that all the jaggery melts.
- Strain jaggery water in other bowl.
- Now take wheat flour, add cardamom add jaggery water slowly mix it and prepara a dough (As a Puri dough).
- Heat oil for deep frying, Now make small puri and deep fry on medium Heat.
- When bellam Appalu turn into golden brown color on both sides remove on that tissue paper.
- Yummy Bellam Appalu ready to serve.