- Urad Dal - 2 cups
- Water to soak
- Salt to taste
- Green Chili - 5
- Grated Carrots - 1/2 cup
- Grated Onion - 1/2 cup
- Grated Bottle Gourd - 1/2 cup
- Grated Cabbage - 1/2 cup
- Oil For Deep Frying
Directions Of Urad Dal Vada (Garelu) Recipe :-
1. Soak Urad dal in water over night.
2. Then clean dal and drain excess water.
3. Now Grind dal (It should be smooth paste and tight) by adding green chillies in it
4. Then add salt and all the grated vegetables evenly.
5. Now heat oil in a kadai (Wok)
6. Method 1:-
a. Wet your hand with water
b. Take lemon size paste make round and flatten it
c. Make a hole with your thumb in middle
7. Method 2:-
a. Take a thick plastic cover, grease it with oil
b. Take lemon size paste make round keep it on the cover
c. Flatten the Vada paste and make hole in the middle.
8. Now slowly remove it and drop in to oil. (caution of oil spills)
9. Keep the oil in medium flame.
10. Fry Vada until golden brown.
11. Remove it and place on tissue paper, to remove excess oil.
Note: If the oil is on high flame only outer part of the vada will be dark and inside it will be raw or uncooked
Serve with any chutney like tomato, coconut, peanut etc...