3 - cups Rice Flour
6 - cups Water
6 - tsp Oil
4 - cups Grated Coconut
2 - Cups of sugar or Powdered Jaggery
A Little Milk
Direction Of Modak (sweet Vundralu) Recipe:-
- Bring the water to a boil and add oil into it for the outer covering. Take off heat.
- Now add the , little by little to avoid lumps and cover the mixture and let it cool.
- When cool, knead it well into dough with a smooth finish in such a way that it should sparkle.
- Now take the and Jaggery / sugar in a heavy-bottomed pan for the stuffing. Add milk. Keep on low flame with stirring. Stir and take off heat.
- The mixture should be fairly dry and turn a shade darker. Now make balls with the (covering) dough.
- Flatten them on the palm or on a surface into a circle. Place the stuffing in it and cover it completely with the dough.
- Fold the edges tapering to the centre. Now steam-cook the modaks in a cooker for 15 minutes until done.