- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil (or 3/4 cup oil and 3/4 cup applesauce)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups finely grated peeled carrots (about 450 gr.)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 225 gr. packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (115 gr.) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
Direction Of Carrot Cake with Cheese Cream Recipe:-
- Preheat oven to 160 gesrees C. Lightly grease three 22 cm. diameter cake pans with 3 cm. sides. Line bottom of pans with waxed paper.
- Lightly grease waxed paper. Using electric mixer, beat sugar and vegetable oil in bowl until combined. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg into sugar and oil mixture. Stir in carrots.
- Pour batter into prepared pans, dividing equally. Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean and cakes begin to pull away from sides of pans, about 45 minutes.
- Cool in pans on racks 15 minutes. Turn out cakes onto racks and cool completely. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Wrap tightly in plastic and store at room temperature.)
- Using electric mixer, beat all ingredients in medium bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Place 1 cake layer on platter.
- Spread with 3/4 cup frosting. Top with another cake layer. Spread with 3/4 cup frosting. Top with remaining cake layer. Using icing spatula, spread remaining frosting in decorative swirls over sides and top of cake.
- (Can be prepared 2 days ahead. Cover with cake dome and refrigerate.)
- Serve cake cold or at room temperature.