- 1 1/2 cup (170 g) all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (dutched/dark)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 pinches salt (optional)
- 1 cup (220 g) sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup milk or water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or Unsalted Butter (flavorless)
Ingredients for frosting1 stick (1/2 cup) + 3 tablespoons (160 g) softened butter
3 cups powdered sugar or confectioner's sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 to 5 tablespoons lukewarm milk
Direction Of Easy Chocolate Cake Recipe (Christmas Special):-
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F (Gas mark 4 or 180 deg C)
- Grease a 9 inch (23 cm) cake tin.
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl.
- Add milk/water, vegetable oil and eggs.
- Mix everything together until smooth, either by hand or by using an electric mixer at slow speed. If the batter is too runny you may add slightly more flour.
- Transfer to bake tin and bake at 350 degrees until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, approximately 35 to 45 minutes.
- After the cake has cooled, slice the cake through the middle to make two layers (easier if the cake has been in the fridge).
- Cream the softened butter with powdered sugar in a bowl. Add cocoa, vanilla and 4 tablespoons lukewarm milk, and mix until smooth. Do not over-mix. If necessary, add some more milk.
- Use one 1/3 of the frosting between the two layers, 1/3 on top, and the rest around the cake.
- This cake should have room temperature when served.