Maida (all purpose flour) - 250 garms
Sugar - 2cups
Sooji (uppma rava) -2cups
Cardamom Powder - 2-3 tbsp
Coconut Grated - 1 cup
Almonds - 10
Raisin - 10
oil - tbsp
Ghee - 2tbsp
Directions Of Garjallu or Kajjikayalu Recipe:-
- Take a bowl add maida , pinch of salt, oil and by slowly adding water make a smooth dough(not too soft) . keep aside by covering it wet thin cloth for 30mins.
- For Stuffing(dry) :- Take a pan add ghee fry sooji and grated coconut on low flame or heat till light brown. when it is ready keep aside to get normal temperature, whenGrated coconut rava or sooji is in normal temperture add sugar,cardamom powder, sliced almond,cashew and raisin. mix well. Now stuffing is ready.
- Now take small piece douge roll it on your plam and make a ball shape, on a flat surface make round shape like roti , now take a tbsp of sooji mixer place on middle of roti , take a some water on your figure and spread boarders of circle on the roti and fload the roti(semi circle) press firmly with your figures so that the stuff doesn't come when we are deep frying. now take a knife and cut the outline of the roti (semi circle). remove extra dough layer and keep aside.
- (Or) sealing it tightly. Then press the ends and twist the edges.Like this make ample amount garjallu . place on a plate cover with wet thin cloth. so the they wont dry and garjallu well ready to fry it well easy .
- Now deep frying garjallu when oil is hot slowly leave garja in oil. fry on a medium flame or heat. fry till they are golden brown.
- As they are golden brown take out from oil and place on a tissue paper so that excess oil will be out. And Serve as dessert. Cool and store them in air tight containers and can be stored for 2-3 weeks. Traditional Garjallu or Kajjikayalu are ready.