Milk -- 1 gallon
Water -- 6 cups
Sugar -- 3 cups
Cardamom powder -- 2 tsp
Ice cubes -- 1 tray
Dry fruits -- chopped [almonds,pista]
1. In a non-stick pan heat 1/2 gallon milk until it becomes 1/4th.
2. Add cardamom powder,1 cup sugar and cook till sugar is diluted and remove from flame.
3. Boil the other half gallon milk an another vessel and add lemon juice to curdle the milk.
4. Now once the milk is curdled pour ice cubes into it to stop further curdling.
5. Drain the content into a thin muslin cloth and hang it till the water drains completely.
6. Now make the curdled milk into small balls and flatten in middle.
7. In a seperate vessel, add 6 cups water and 2 cups suger and boil it into high flame.
8. Add the malai balls at a time ONLY WHEN THE SYRUP IS ON HIGH FLAME AND BUBBLING A LOT.
9. Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes.
10. Remove and keep the balls in warm water for few minutes.
11. Finally drain out the water from balls and add to the rabdi/milk syrup that was already prepared.
12. Add the chopped dry fruits and saffron strips.