- 2 tsp Cumin Coriander powder
- 2 bunch Fresh Spinach
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 3 small Onions
- 250 grams Paneer
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilly powder
- 2 small Tomatoes
Directions of Palak Paneer
1. Wash spinach thoroughly.`
2. In a pressure cooker, add spinach & tomato. Add a cup of water & pressure cook it for 5 mins.
3. If using frozen Paneer, defrost it. And then, cut into small rectangular (1’ x ½’) cubes.
4. Shallow Fry these paneer cubes & drop them in a bowl of cold water as soon as you take out from the oil after frying. This step helps remove the excess oil & keeps the paneer cubes soft.
5. Take only 2 tsp of the oil from the oil used for frying & store or discard the rest.
6. Finely chop onion & Tomatoes.
7. In a pan, heat the oil & then add chopped Onions.
8. Fry them till light brown, and then add chopped tomatoes, ginger – garlic paste & Cumin – Coriander powder & Red chilly powder.
9. Once the pressure cooker cools down, open & blend the mixture.
10. Add the mixture to the pan.
11. Now add the fried Paneer cubes.
12. Mix well & let cook covered for 5 mins.
13. Serve hot with rice or Chapati or Roti.